Tips & Resources
If you have any questions or need advice on how to proceed or prepare your grant request, simply call us, 901.684.1564, and we’ll do our best to provide direction and guidance. Our staff is always available to assist potential grant applicants.
If you are a first-time applicant, we encourage you to register for our Before You Ask program.
- Write clearly and concisely. After completing your first draft, read your document to determine if any information can be shortened without altering the meaning or deleting important information. Then have others review it as well.
- Prepare all portions of the application completely before submitting.
- Allow ample time (much more than you think you need) to write, edit and complete the grant application. Avoid missing a funding opportunity simply because you were rushed when putting together final information.
Technology requests should minimally include as appropriate for your setting:
- technology assessment including infrastructure
- specific goals and objectives
- implementation strategies
- funding plan
- replacement policy for loss, damage, etc.
- replacement plan when technology becomes obsolete
- staff development/training
- risk management prodedures
- evaluation plan
A number of sample technology checklists are available online for a variety of technology platforms