Before You Ask
An informative series covering what every nonprofit should know before applying for a grant.
Facilitated by a local nonprofit consultant with more than 30 years of experience in the sector, our “Before You Ask” educational series is designed to help nonprofit executive directors and staff further define and refine goals and strategy before you ask for necessary funding. First-time applicants are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.
The Foundation offers this 12-session series to select organizations at no cost. Sessions are held weekly and participants are required to:
- attend all 12 sessions
- complete all assigned work
- meet with our facilitator for individual coaching
- participate in pre- and post-program evaluations
- share your experience with The Foundation
Sessions cover areas such as:
- defining your mission
- assessing community needs
- developing budgets
- building a Board of Directors
- record keeping, technology and evaluation
- accountability and business ethics
Three sessions are offered per year:
- Fall and Spring Sessions - Thursday mornings 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Summer Session - Thursday Evenings 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
To inquire about eligibility, please contact Ernestine Smith at esmith [at] assisifoundation [dot] org or call (901) 684-1564.
Click on the link to download a Sample Syllabus.